Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer #BlogChallenge #22 When I was a kid, what did I want to be when I grew up?

Going Green with the Grizls


When I was a kid, what did I want to be when I grew up?  Well, I think when I was really young I wanted to be a teacher....I think most kids go through that stage at some point.  That changed for me when I was in 5th grade.  We studied Astronomy, I even remember our teacher Mrs. Cantrell had a night at the school where we could go to the school and look at the moon and stars with telescopes.  I of course had to have a telescope of my own, because I decided I wanted to be an Astronomer.

Fast forward to 7th grade.  I'm not even sure how or why I changed my mind, but that was when I decided I wanted to be a Marine Biologist.  20 years later, that is still my dream job, and what I am slowly going to college for.  Dolphins are my favorite animal...but Sharks fascinate me.  I'm not really sure which route I will go, but I have a ways to go before I need to decide.  I plan to eventually have my Master's Degree in Marine Biology.  I am slowly working on it, 1 class at a time for now while my little ones are still at home with me.

My oldest is 12...he wants to be an Archeologist.  My 10 year old daughter, she wants to be a Fashion Designer.  it will be interesting to see if these change with them, or if these wind up being the careers that they pursue.

What did you want to be?  Is that what you are doing now?

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to be some sort of scientist... astronomer, physicist, zoologist, geneticist.. and now I am! It is definitely not how I pictured it when I was 12, but such is life :)

    ReplyDelete