- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 package Johnsonville chipotle and monterey jack chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 can rotel, drained
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- chili powder
- Cook rice in separate pot according to directions on package. This should yield 4 cups of cooked rice. Do all other steps while the rice is cooking.
- Use a skillet to cook the sausage and onion about 5-10 mins.
- Once the sausage is cooked add the corn, beans, rotel, and tomato sauce.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder, all to taste (can add more or less to change how hot/spicy you would like it)
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- When the rice is done, pour everything in the skillet over the rice and stir.
- Serve and enjoy.