Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chicken Stew (crockpot)

We had Chicken Stew made in the slow cooker last night.  It was my 2nd time making this recipe that I found on Pinterest.  I wanted a really good stew, so I went looking for one.  I found this one, and then I tweaked it to fit what I wanted.  Austin claimed to 'not like it' last night when he sat down to eat....yet when offered with the prospect of having the 1 and only chocolate yogurt, he was able to down it without any issues.

Here is the original recipe that I got found on Pinterest....http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=7854  But I am going to post my ingredients and how I cooked it here in my blog.  The original recipe calls for mushrooms, but even tho I am a mushroom lover, I left it out of this recipe because I just don't see mushrooms as part of a stew.

The really great thing about this recipe is this is a dump and go!  Just dump it all in the crockpot, then let it cook, no extra steps.

Ingredients:


  • 2 lbs chicken (skinless and boneless) 
  • 2 cups carrots, chopped
  • 4 cups potatoes, chopped
  • 1 cup celery, chopped **
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1tsp basil
  • 1 tsp marjoram
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 tsp lemon juice

Directions:

1.  Cut up the chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion and dump it in the crock pot.

** I didn't have any celery in the house, so I left it out this time.

2.  Sprinkle on all the spices.

Spicy!

3.  Add the lemon juice, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup.


4.  Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low all day.


5.  I use some cornstarch to thicken the sauce up a bit, this is really optional, but I prefer the sauce a bit thicker in a stew.  I just do it a little bit before serving, so it has time to thicken up, then I serve it.



Enjoy ~







No comments:

Post a Comment