Here is the original recipe that I got found on Pinterest....http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=7854 But I am going to post my ingredients and how I cooked it here in my blog. The original recipe calls for mushrooms, but even tho I am a mushroom lover, I left it out of this recipe because I just don't see mushrooms as part of a stew.
The really great thing about this recipe is this is a dump and go! Just dump it all in the crockpot, then let it cook, no extra steps.
- 2 lbs chicken (skinless and boneless)
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 4 cups potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped **
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1tsp basil
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Cut up the chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion and dump it in the crock pot.
** I didn't have any celery in the house, so I left it out this time.
2. Sprinkle on all the spices.
3. Add the lemon juice, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low all day.
5. I use some cornstarch to thicken the sauce up a bit, this is really optional, but I prefer the sauce a bit thicker in a stew. I just do it a little bit before serving, so it has time to thicken up, then I serve it.