Monday, July 4, 2011

Upromise

Last night I signed up for Upromise. It's been around for YEARS, and I am sure I signed up for it at one point years ago, but I never really knew what to do, so I didn't do anything with it LOL. But I have done a bit of research and now I understand how it works, so I signed up again. Wish I had kept with it all those years ago, I think I originally signed up when they first started around 10 years ago.

Upromise helps you to save money for college, either for yourself or for your kids. Every little bit helps, right? College is already so expensive, and it's only going to continue to get worse before our kids are finally old enough to go.

The way Upromise works is you register your credit cards, debit cards, and grocery store cards with them. Then when you use those cards to shop at various restaurants, grocery stores, online stores, etc , depending on the store a certain % of your sales goes into your Upromise account.

Upromise is free to join, so it doesn't hurt to go check it out 8) There are 3 different things you can do with your money. You can have them invest it in a High Yield savings account through Sallie Mae, invest it in a 529 plan through Sallie Mae, or once a quarter you can request a check be sent to you as long as you have a minimum of $10 in your account. It's very customizable, and you can change how you want to save your money at any time too, so you don't get locked into one choice.

Another great thing about Upromise is you can have friends and family join YOUR account! So Grandma, or Aunt Sally, or whoever can also help you to save money for your kids for college. You can invite them to join your account, they register their cards, and when ever they shop at a participating place money goes into your account.

Go check it out and let me know what you think! At some point down the road I will update you and let you know how we are doing with it!

www.upromise.com

2 comments:

  1. For any of my local California friends Stater Bro's is partnered up with Upromise. Ask your cashier for a Upromise card and they will give you a keychain card you can attach to your Upromise account and have scanned when you do your grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love Upromise! It's seriously the best program..and it's free, it doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete