Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Oil Pulling

I am sure a lot of you have heard about oil pulling…especially recently, it seems to be popping up everywhere in the last month or so.

I read this article (that several friends posted) http://www.fashionlush.com/wtf-is-oil-pulling-why-im-hooked/  and it sounded like something I might be interested in trying.  Then I saw a few friends say they were going to do it.  Then I saw some people in some of my Facebook groups talking about doing it.

Finally after some people started to post their results, I bit the bullet and decided to try oil pulling myself.



Let me start off by saying that I did NOT like the texture of the coconut oil in my mouth, before it liquified.  Totally eew LOL, but I was fine once it liquified.  I did however create a LOT of saliva.  I had to spit some out several times.  I only did 10 mins my first time, instead of 20, because I had already spit 3 times.  I think a small part of my huge saliva problem was my initial gage reflex, so hopefully that will be better next time and i won't produce so much as quickly.

BUT, even after only 10 minutes my teeth were visibly whiter.  I am also pretty sure that it cleaned out my sinus's because afterwards my nose started to run like crazy and I had to blow it a lot, but after about 10-15 minutes it was fine.

I will definitely be doing it again.  What about you?  Do you oil pull?  Have you thought about trying it?


No comments:

Post a Comment