Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer #BlogChallenge #31 Talk about something eco friendly that I already do

Going Green with the Grizls


Today's prompt is to talk about something eco friendly that I already do.  Since I already did a post about cloth diapers (man I love cutie's with cloth booties!!) I decided I would blog about something else.

I love using re-usable bags.  I live in California and a few years ago, right after we moved here there was talk of the state banning plastic bags. Because of this, my Hubby and I decided to start using re-usable bags.

Fast Forward a few years later and this is not a state-wide ban, but there are some cities/counties that have banned them.  We still use our re-usable bags for everything.  Our collection has slowly grown from our first 6 bags to probably 30 or more bags.  I got over half my bags for free too.

I'll be honest,  it took me a while to get use to using the bags.  At first I would keep them in the trunk of my Impala I use to drive.  Of course, being in the trunk, I would forget about them, and then see them when I would go to put my groceries in the trunk.  Then, I tried to keep them by the front door, so i could grab them on the way out, which would sometimes work LOL.  Over time tho I started to get use to them.  Now, I always grab them.  There have been a few times that I run into Walmart for one or two things, and I forget to give the cashier my bag.  I go to grab the bag they hand me and realize my cloth bag is under my arm, where I had been carrying it LOL.

This was a very easy eco-friendly switch for us to make and I am glad that we did it.

What is something eco-friendly that you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment