Saturday, April 25, 2015

Home Organization

This year I have been working on trying to be more organized.  I am not a very organized person, so this has been a slow process, but I am working on it, slowly but surely.  My addiction to 31 bags has helped quite a bit with this project!

I am slowly working on organizing my linen closet.  It was a jumbled mess of sheets, blankets, and towels.  This project is still a work in progress, but I am slowly buying Large Utility Totes from 31 to use in there.  I currently have a deluxe utility tote, for my towels and 2 medium utility totes (they were a limited edition special) for sheets and pillow cases.  I do have 2 Large utility totes, but I have not put stuff in them yet.  That is in the works for this week.  1 shelf done, 2 more to go!




In the office I had 6 crates full of back to school supplies stacked together against the wall.  Notebooks, loose leaf paper, folders, crayons, rulers, erases, glue, pens, pencils and more.  It's a huge eye sore, but I wanted the kids to easily access anything they needed as they needed it.  I got some of the brand new Oh Snap Pockets from 31 and hung them up on the wall.  I have some supplies in each of the pockets, and the crates have been moved up to the attic.  As the kids take stuff from the pockets, I'll bring stuff down from the crates to refill it.

Before

After

Finally, in my office, I always have a bunch of clutter on my computer desk.  Especially a bunch of post it's, or papers the size of post its with information I need written down on them.  So I got a board to hang by the computer for me to put those papers on so I can try to clear up the clutter on my desk some.  I have a few other things planned for my desk, but this is a good start.



I still have a long ways to go, and lots of areas I need to better organize.  But it's a start!!

Do you have any organizational tips or tricks?


No comments:

Post a Comment