Sunday, April 26, 2015

Adventures in Gardening!

It's Spring time, which means it's time to start the garden again.  I learned a lot last year and I know I still have more to learn.  This year we added in a second raised bed.  We had bought enough wood last year for 2 beds, so we already had the wood and the black lining for another one.  My hubby put it together back in March.

Everything is planted, except for the pumpkins, we have to wait til summer time for them.  We're growing cherry tomatoes, early girl tomatoes, brandywine tomatoes, mojito mint, cilantro, oregano, spaghetti squash, pickling cucumbers, watermelon, wax beans, onions, garlic, silver queen corn, sweet corn, jalapeño peppers, cayenne peppers, banana peppers, red sail lettuce, romaine lettuce, parris island lettuce, spinach, kale, dill, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red potatoes, and okra.  We also still have sage and rosemary from last year.  Our Strawberries came back, and of course the blackberries, blueberries, and grapes and looking great.  We even have a few raspberry canes.

Here are some pictures of all our pretty things!






























I will update how the garden is doing as the growing season continues.  I am so excited for everything we are growing.

Stay tuned for my upcoming blog post about my DIY Worm Compost Bin that I am working on!!  I can't wait for my worms to get here!




No comments:

Post a Comment