Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 9

I am thankful for my Slow Cooker!  Some people might find this silly, but I really am!  There have been times that it has been a life saver.  I love that I can throw everything into the slow cooker and have dinner waiting for me when I get home from football practice, cheerleading, dance, tumbling, band concert, baseball, softball, etc.  My kids do a LOT of activities through out the year, and I love how active they are, but sometimes that means getting home late, but also leaving too early to eat dinner before hand.  With my slow cooker I can just dump everything in there and whenever we get home dinner is ready.



This is the one that I have, and I absolutely love it!!  It has a timer on it, so I can set the temp and then how long I want it to cook.  When the time ends it beeps at me, and then it automatically turns it to the 'warm' setting!  How cool is that?

I also love that I can easily cook roasts and whole chickens in my slow cooker with VERY minimal effort!  A nice big huge home cooked meal, and I am able to go to the store, run errands, maybe go to a practice with the kids, and do stuff around the house without thinking about it.

So yes, I am very thankful for my slow cooker!


No comments:

Post a Comment