Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Indoor Greenhouse Planting

Yesterday I started everything that I wanted to grow from seeds in a greenhouse planter in my living room.  It's on the same table as the kids Strawberry plants in front of a window with the blinds open.  I have mostly herbs in it with a few veggies.  Everything else I plan to plant will be from plants I buy.

Filling them with soil, seeds in the background with my labeled popsicle sticks.

All watered and planted with their labels.  The top and bottom half are the same, but wanted to label both to be safe, so there are 12 different things planted.

Top on, ready to grow!


I planted 8 different herbs; Mint, Sage, Cilantro, Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Marjoram, and Oregano.

I also planted 4 different veggies; Carrots, Wax Beans, Spinach, and Kale (YUM!!!).  I'm not sure how well the carrots or wax beans will go growing in the greenhouse, or how they will do with transplanting, but if all else fails I have extra seeds I can plant into the ground in the Spring when it is warmer out.

I plan to also get, already started as plants, Broccoli, Heirloom Tomatoes, Watermelon, Banana Peppers (for the hubby), and Sweet Corn.  I might try some Cauliflower too.  I also plan to grow Onions and Potatoes too.  

I can't wait to get my garden going!!!  Are you planting a garden this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment