Thursday, January 30, 2014

My 1st Project!

I recently decided to re-learn how to crochet.  I say re-learn, because back in elementary school my mom taught me how...tho other then a failed attempt at a scarf (which I turned into a cassette tape holder, yes I know I just aged myself LOL), I didn't really do much with it.

My daughter Jaidan also wanted to learn how to crotchet too, so we are learning together.  We have mastered the chain stitch, and single crotchet, and have also learned the importance of counting your stitches (even when not using a pattern!).

For our first projects we are both making scarves.  I am making a green one for Riley, since green is his (and my!) favorite color.  She is making a scarf for herself with some very pretty colors.

I will do another post when we are both done with our projects!  We are both making some good progress on them.  It helps that we are on our 3rd snow day of the week too!

Our 1st chains

Learning Single Crotchet

The start of a scarf

Slowly taking shape

Working on her scarf

Where we were at this morning

Do you have any projects you are working on?  Crotchet, or otherwise?


No comments:

Post a Comment