Saturday, January 4, 2014

5 years...

Today marks 5 years since my Daddy passed away...I was going to say celebrates...but it's not really a celebration, is it? There's nothing joyful or happy about the loss of a parent.

People say it gets easier with time, but I call BS on that. You just find better ways to deal with the emotions. I still get sucker punched sometimes and find myself balling like a baby. I miss him so much. I've had a lot of family/friends die in my lifetime, I never knew that losing my Dad would have this effect on me, until he died.

I miss him so much, that sometimes it hurts. Riley was only 7 weeks old when he died. He doesn't know what a great, fun, quirky child he is. He never got to meet my AIslinn. I have pictures of him holding all my babies after they were born, except for her, and oh man is she so much like my Dad, temperament wise. Only Austin and Jaidan know and remember Granddaddy, but I am glad they have those memories.

My parents were married for 35 years when my Dad died, their Anniversary is in Feb. They loved each other so very much. My Mom is such a strong amazing woman. I wish I could be with her today, but she knows I am with her in spirit.

I love and miss you Daddy, RIP



No comments:

Post a Comment