Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Yep, here it is, the traditional 'New years Resolution Post'.

It's not going to be a big post thought, I don't have a ton of resolutions. 

My big ones are to eat less fast food and drink less soda. They go kind of hand in hand. My Hubby and I don't buy soda for the house (unless we are having family form out of town or a party), so most of my soda drinking happens when we (or I) go out. I do drink a lot of sweet tea too, so I just need to choose sweet tea more often. I cook a good meal almost every night for my family, we only eat out maybe 2 times a month, if that...depends on what's going on and if Hubby and I also squeeze in a date night). But I had a bad habit this year of eating fast food when I was out couponing...or eating fast food for lunch after picking my son up from preschool...cause I was already in the car and it was on the way home. I didn't gain weight because of it (of course I didn't lose any weight because of it either). I just want to be healthier in my food choices, so cutting back the fast food will do that.

I also want to be healthier. I ended the year with health issues, so I am hoping they will continue to get better and will clear themselves up. I had my thyroid level re-checked again and they are still normal. They've been normal ever since I had Aislinn, 3 years ago, so this is a good thing, especially after 10 years of being hypothyroid. I do want to figure out why I can't seem to lose weight. While I am happy that I am not gaining any weight, despite what I eat, it's very frustrating to watch what you eat, count your calories, work out, etc and not lose ANY weight. I know you can lose fat and gain muscle, I know you can see changes in your body, but when you make it to day 50 of Insanity, you should see changes. Last year the only changes I saw was my arm measurements were bigger, due to muscle, and my calf muscles were bigger...but thigh, hip, and waist measurements were still the same, as was my weight. Something is not right with that picture...and since my thyroid levels are still normal ,it must be something else. I have brought it up with my Dr., but first we are focusing on my Kidney issues.

Well, I guess I was wrong about how big the post would be, even though I only had 2 resolutions LOL.

What are your resolutions for the new year?




No comments:

Post a Comment