Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fun in the Sun in San Diego!!

I am so excited!  We are spending our family vacation in San Diego this year!  I use to live in San Diego many years ago...in fact, my daughter Jaidan was born at Balboa Medical Center.  For years she use to tell people she was born at the zoo LOL, since they are both located in Balboa Park.

We are heading out Sunday morning, and then coming back home Friday afternoon at some point.  Today marks 8 years since my husband and I started dating.  Our first date was at Joe's Crab Shack in Pacific Beach, and then watching the sunset over the ocean.  So this Sunday, when we first get to San Diego we are going to take the kids and eat dinner at Joe's Crab Shack <3.

We are going to take the kids to Legoland, Seaworld, and The Wild Animal Park...well, I guess now they call it the Safari park.  We have never been to Legoland, but it is someplace I have always wanted to take the kids, so I am excited to go there.  You just can't go to San Diego and not go to SeaWorld, it's one of my absolutely favorite places to visit.  My Mother's day present is being able to do the Dolphin Interaction that they have!  I am so excited to get in the water with the dolphins, it is a bucket list item for me!!!  For my hubby, for Father's day, he get's to do the Penguin Encounter, Penguin's are his second favorite animal, behind Otter's.  The last time I did the Wild Animal park, my 10 year old daughter was only a few months old, so we are heading back there to check it out again.  As much as I love the Zoo, we are skipping it (it's my favorite zoo ever!!).  I swear I went there 3 times the month before I left San Diego LOL.  We took the older kids there when we first moved back to California 3 years ago, so we decided to skip it this time, so we could do things we haven't done or they don't remember doing.

We'll also be hitting up the 2 hour harbor cruise.  The first hour will take us down by 32nd street Naval Base.  My older 2 kids dad, and I were both stationed there, so I thought it would be nice for them to see the ships.  The second hour goes up by Point Loma Sub Base, which is also where I was stationed.  Hoping they get to see a sub....even better if the ARCO has a sub in Drydock!!  the ARCO is where I spent my last 2 years in San Diego.  I am excited to grab some Carne Asada Fries from Santana's over in point Loma...best Carne Asada Fries EVER!!! LOL

We'll also hit up Mission Beach and spend some time in balboa Park.  We're going to go to Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, and the Botanical Gardens too.  there is just so much to see and do at balboa park.  I'm also going to show the kids around and show them where we use to live.

I am so excited to be going back to San Diego even if it's only for a few days.  It was my favorite place to live, and if it wasn't for cost of living, that is where I would love to live.

Are you going anywhere special on vacation this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment