Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Garmin Forerunner 610

I am trying to get back into running again.

I ran cross country in Elementary school, and I did a year of track (Long Distance) in High School.  I use to love running, and I always got an outstanding, or just below an outstanding on my mile and a half times when I was in the Navy.  After giving birth to my babies I was still able to out run the 18 yr old girls who had just come from boot camp.  I am not a sprinter, but I have the endurance and the stamina for long distance running and have always been good at it.  Not the best, mind you, but pretty good.

My goals are to do a 5k, 10k, half marathon, and at least 1 marathon in my lifetime.  I would love to do obstacle course races, such as the tough mudder, a mud run, a glow run, or a color run.  How fun would those be?

To help me with my training I wanted to get the Garmin Forerunner 610, I wanted the one with the heart rate monitor (which is important when training for longer distances).  Only problem is it costs $399.99.  But I set my sites on it, and worked really hard on all my sites that I do to earn money, and along with a $50 amazon gift card from my brother, my sites, and my coupon rebate sites, I was able to finally order my Garmin!

Now to set it all up, and get to running, I have no excuses now for not running longer then a mile.  I love that I will be able to just run, and track how far I have run, how long it took me, and what my pace is.

Now if only I could talk hubby into buying me a jogging stroller for my almost 3 yr old....then I could run in the mornings when the other 3 kids are all in school....A girl can hope, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment