Thursday, September 5, 2013

1 year already!?!?

1 year ago today my husband and I closed on our very first home.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was. I wanted to buy a house for years and years, but the timing, and the location were never right. We hadn't planned to buy when we first moved to North Carolina. We wanted to rent first, learn the area, etc. I had this vision of taking my time looking at houses online, researching and comparing them until I found my dream home.

We showed up on a Sunday to go house hunting. On Monday we started looking, and there was just NOTHING large enough for a family of 6. It was crazy. On the west coast, in AZ and CA since there is such a huge market for flipping homes and for investors there are always homes for rent. Here on the east coast, people who buy larger homes usually do so planning to live in them, not to rent them. That night we contacted a realtor (who by the way was fabulous!). On Tuesday we sat down, talked about what we wanted, went through the list of homes and decided what we wanted to see. Wednesday was spent driving around looking at houses. By the end of the day we knew what we wanted and got the ball rolling. By Friday we were filling out the paperwork at the bank. That Saturday we headed home, under contract for our first house. Everyone back home was amazed at how quickly we did everything LOL.

A month later we showed up in NC ready to close on our house. We closed on our original closing date, which I believe was only 32 days after we went under contract. Everything just fell right into place for us. We had no problems what so ever, it was as if it was meant to be. I always believe that everything happens for a reason, and this was one of those moments that shows that it is true.

To top it off, not only is today the 1 year anniversary of buying our home, but we do not have 29 years left on our mortgage, we only have 28 years left on it! We paid off an extra year during the last year!






No comments:

Post a Comment