Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pinterest for the Home

Well, now that we are home owners *does a little happy dance* I can put some of the things I have pinned on Pinterest into use.  This makes me a very happy woman.....my husband on the other hand, does the eye roll when ever I start talking about this neat idea I found on Pinterest LOL.

The first idea I did, I didn't actually get from Pinterest, but I'm gonna share it anyways 8).  I bought a bunch of contact paper (we had to buy 4 24' rolls!!) and we put contact paper down on all the cabinet shelves in the kitchen.  Man that was a lot more work than I thought it would be!

I got this fabulous idea from Pinterest to get peel and stick tiles and place them underneath the kitchen sinks.  I bought a case of the tile and am planning to put the tile down this week....not just under my kitchen sink, but all 4 bathroom sinks too!  I just need to get an exacto knife so I can easily cut the tiles that need to be cut.  I am all about quick and easy clean up and protecting the wood!

Next, I saw on Pinterest this great idea to use a spice rack for nail polish!  Since I have less counter space in my bathroom now this is a fabulous idea!  My old bathroom actually had a separate vanity area.  I had looked around in the stores some and not seen anything I liked.  Today another friend had pinned this same idea and I decided to follow the link (usually it goes to a blog post) but I got lucky and it went to Amazon!!  Needless to say, I ordered one LOL, it should be here on Tuesday!

Now I ordered it in silver (nickel satin finish) because that would go with my bathroom.  That one was a tiny bit more, but I didn't mind.



The one it direct linked to had a black finish and is about $6 cheaper, so I will share that one too if you are interested.




I can't wait for it to get in!  Once I have it up and all my nail polish in it I will share a picture!

Now I just need to decide what kind of wreath I want to make for my front door for the fall.....do I want a fall one and a Halloween one?  Or just Halloween?....hmmm, decisions, decisions LOL.



No comments:

Post a Comment