Monday, February 7, 2011

Baked Boneless Pork Chops

When I was younger I wasn't a huge fan of park chops. I hated the bones, and they were usually greasy (sorry mom, I still love your cooking!). So I was looking for some easy pork chop recipes. I only buy the boneless since I hate the bones. I found this recipe on cooks.com. I have also wrapped the pork chops with bacon when I added them to the baking dish.

Baked Boneless Pork Chops

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup al purpose flour
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 2lbs boneless pork chops
  • 1/2 cups butter
  • 1 minced small onions
  • 1/2 cup minced green peppers
  • 1 can (4oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 2 cups milk
  • juice of 1 lemon (2 tbsp lemon juice if you don't have any lemons)
1. Mix 1/4 cup flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Dredge chops lightly in mixture. Brown chops on both sides in butter.
2. Transfer to shallow baking dish. Add onion, green pepper and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until onion is soft and golden. (I don't normally use green peppers)
3. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup flour. Blend in milk, stirring constantly and cook until sauce is smooth and thickened. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Pour sauce over chops.
4. Bake, uncovered, in preheated over 350*F for 1 hour.
Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment